How real politicians avoid propaganda in schools.

John Redwood has been outlining, on his blog, the nuanced relationship between Parliament and politics. He provides a number of examples, including the following:

“When I am undertaking a school visit, for example, I need to ask the basis of the invitation. If they want me to visit as MP and representative of all my constituents, then my Parliamentary office can organise it for me. I have to remember not to make political remarks. If they want me to talk to students as a Conservative politician, I need to ask that they have invited in people from other parties on other occasions to balance , and to remind the pupils that I am speaking politically. In that case the visit should be arranged by the MP or by a political assistant paid for from party money and is probably only appropriate for six forms.”


A summary of proprieties which rather brought to mind the story about a veritable mob of DUP representatives descending upon Laurelhill Community College in Lisburn, in order to ’educate’ the pupils about citizenship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football fever in Russia

Shia Revival

Walker loada rubbish